7 Virtues and 6 Etiquettes of Fasting 7 Virtues: 1- Elevation of rank “When Ramadan comes the doors to Paradise are opened and the doors to Hell are slammed shut and the devils are chained up.” – Hadith i. Meaning there are so many opportunities for good and it’s so much harder to [...]
A very common issue that comes up is how one’s feet should be in prayer. There are a couple of core points that should be kept in mind here: – This is a minor issue and as such it’s difficult to even find it in the books of fiqh because it was never given much [...]
Guest post by Aminah Galal I find it to be quite a blessing that I can say that I am part of one of the last generations which can actually remember the lost art of browsing through bookshelves in the library. Of having to take the time to go through the physical pages of a [...]
*Originally published on suhaibwebb.com, here. By Nurideen Lemu An-Nigeri Preface Muslims, just like the rest of mankind do not live in isolation. They live in a world of multi-religious and multicultural diversities. With globalization, the world is getting more and more exposed to new cultures, religions, and ideologies etc. If Muslims have to integrate [...]
By Ambreen Baig A simple piece of cloth to preserve my modesty. But isn’t it so much more than that? I can define myself by this piece of cloth. When I step outside my home, I’m not just representing myself but an entire religion and with this I think comes responsibility. The responsibility to be seen as the [...]
Resilience and the Beauty of the Human Spirit* By JAMAAL DIWAN GUEST COLUMNIST The day after the bombings at the Boston Marathon, Muslim faith leader Jamaal Diwan wrote this response to the tragic events: I often find myself reflecting on how crazy life is. My primary reason for doing so these days is the [...]
Does Preventing Harm Truly Take Precedence Over Acquiring Benefit? By Dr. Aḥmad al-Raysūnī Translated and Adapted in places by Jamaal Diwan The topic of this session is a specialized topic which is related to how we understand the objectives of the sharia, its priorities and applications. The topic is: acquiring benefit and preventing harm; [...]
*Research paper written by Shaykh Yasir Qadhi. Originally posted on muslimmatters.org here. This article is quite detailed. For an easy summary of the conclusions go straight to the conclusion at the end. The following is a paper presented to the AMJA Conference on The Halal and Haram in Food and Medicine (Los Angeles, California, March [...]
MSA West was amazing this year. Much respect and love to all the organizers who worked so hard to make this happen.
RT @muslemapurmul: Parents do not have the luxury of being pessimistic about the future. Raising kids turns passive complainers into act …
- Tweet: Realizing how beautiful it is that the Prophet Muh… February 13, 2013
- Tweet: Loneliness is a problem of social capital that nee… February 11, 2013
- Tweet: Omar ibn Said (ra) who wrote his own autobiography… February 8, 2013
- Twitter: Please pray for my aunt June who is very ill in Ca… February 7, 2013
- Tweet: We need to arrange organized and regular visits to… February 12, 2013
- 7 Virtues and 6 Etiquettes of Fasting June 13, 2013
- Space Between Feet in Prayer May 27, 2013
- Generation Wikipedia May 26, 2013
- Saying “Salam” to People of Other Faiths May 16, 2013
- Why I Chose to Wear Hijab April 23, 2013
- Adil: Salam, My comments are not directed at any one...
- Adil: Salam, I think we live in a world today where ...
- Umm Zaheen: I am curious why the Shaykh never mentions the ver...
- Serenity_Camb: RT @jamaaldiwan: Realizing how beautiful it is tha...
- tabdulbasser: RT @jamaaldiwan: Loneliness is a problem of social...
Follow @jamaaldiwan on Twitter
To contact Shaykh Jamaal please contact the ICOI office (http://icoi.net/page/contact).
Or call or text (714) 924-4728 during his office hours. Outside of office hours you can leave a message.