*This article was written by Shaykh Luqman Ahmad and taken from his website, click here for the original. In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful Al-humdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen, wa salaatu wa salaam alaa Rasoolilllah, wa alaa aalihi wa sah’bihi wa sallam A short time ago there was a death in our area and after the janaazah prayer, the women were [...]
Answered by the team at islamtoday.net. Original fatwa can be found here. Question If my cell phone starts ringing while I am praying in congregation at the mosque, what should I do? Must I break off my prayer to switch it off? Is it possible for me to take out my cell phone and [...]
This question is most commonly applied to airplanes nowadays. This fatwa is from islamtoday.net and the original can be found here. Question What is the ruling of prayer in a moving vehicle. In many cases, a passenger cannot leave from the vehicle during the time of the prayer, even when the vehicle is only [...]
This is a question that comes up a lot in the masajid. The following answer is from en.islamtoday.net which is a website supervised by Shaykh Salman al-Auda. Original article here. Question If I come to the mosque late and find that the imam has finished praying but that some people who prayed part of [...]
From islamtoday.net. The link can be found here: Using toothpaste while fasting Question I know that it is permissible to use siwâk toothsticks while fasting. However, can a person brush his teeth with toothpase, or would this break his fast? Answered by the Fatwa Department Research Committee – chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî It will [...]
Sermon notes for August 23, 2013 The Universality of the Message of Islam, Universal Principles Learned from the Conflict in Egypt, and Reflecting Upon Where We Live
Q: I will be traveling in Ramadan and I want to know if I need to fast? A: There are multiple scenarios for fasting while traveling. We’ll take them one at a time. Scenario 1: Person starts traveling after maghrib and before fajr. In this case it is permissible to not fast on [...]
A: Recently a number of local Imams and students of knowledge gathered to discuss the different fajr timings that are used in the prayer timings charts. After discussion and actual observation of fajr they issued the following: In preparation for this year’s Ramadan calendar, the Islamic Shura Council of Southern California tasked a team [...]
A: You should start fasting with the community that you are in and end fasting with the community that you are in. It is possible that this means that you will fast 31 days. If that is the case then you fast 31 days. It is also possible that you will fast 28 days. [...]
This is an article written by Imam Mustafa Umar for IIOC’s website. ICOI adopted the decision of the Fiqh Council of North America. For more info on their position and what it is based on see www.fiqhcouncil.org Question: Different masjids [mosques] in my area are using different methods to calculate when Ramadan will begin [...]
- Tweet: Realizing how beautiful it is that the Prophet Muh… February 13, 2013
- Tweet: Loneliness is a problem of social capital that nee… February 11, 2013
- Tweet: Omar ibn Said (ra) who wrote his own autobiography… February 8, 2013
- Twitter: Please pray for my aunt June who is very ill in Ca… February 7, 2013
- Tweet: We need to arrange organized and regular visits to… February 12, 2013
- Ruling on Women Following Funeral Processions September 30, 2013
- Q&A: Switching Off One’s Cell Phone During Prayer September 19, 2013
- Q&A: Prayer in a Moving Vehicle September 18, 2013
- Q&A: Person who prayed part of his prayer in congregation becoming imam of another September 18, 2013
- Using Toothpaste While Fasting August 26, 2013
- Jamaal Diwan: salam. Interesting point. There is a debate howeve...
- Mohamed: The hadith in Bukhari and Muslim that go against ...
- Jamaal Diwan: salam alaykum (Perhaps you forgot that in your ori...
- Muhammad Aftab: The Prophet used siwak during fasting and it is st...
- abdullaah kennedy: there is a huge difference between having good man...
Follow @jamaaldiwan on Twitter
To contact Shaykh Jamaal please contact the ICOI office (http://icoi.net/page/contact).
Or call or text (714) 924-4728 during his office hours. Outside of office hours you can leave a message.