Q: How much is the fidya for a person who cannot fast? What do I do if I am pregnant and/or nursing and cannot fast? Do I make it up, pay fidya, or both? A: Fidya is an amount of money or food that is paid to the poor by the one who is [...]
Q: Do I have to cover my hair when I recite the Quran? I’ve heard different answers. A: The question of whether or not a woman has to cover her hair when reciting the Quran is a question of whether or not one’s ‘awra (private areas according to Islamic law) has to be covered when [...]
* Taken from islamqa.info here. In our town there is a mosque where the women pray alongside the men, but they are separated by a wall. Is this action valid, or must the women pray behind the men? Praise be to Allaah. Firstly:If a woman prays alongside a man but there is a [...]
Different imams and students of knowledge have different approaches to how they deal with Islam. Below is a brief outline of where I stand on some important issues. Iman/Aqidah: The most important aspect of iman is to have a correct and practical understanding of God and one’s relationship with Him. This is primarily known through regularly [...]
Before reading this article I recommend people to read this: What is My Methodology? Several people have asked about the time at which the first jumuah prayer is held at ICOI during this time of the year. The prayer sermon starts at 12:30pm and zuhr doesn’t come in until around 12:50 so how is permissible [...]
This is a very nicely and thoroughly made booklet on the month of Ramadan. Ramadan Booklet
*Article taken from muslimmatters.org Fussing Over the 15th of Sha‘ban Posted by: Abu Aaliyah June 21, 2013in Aqeedah and Fiqh, Featured, Islam, Opinion, Quran and Sunnah, Worship 26 Comments Question: Is marking out the 15th night of Sha’ban (laylat al-nisf min sha’ban) with extra prayers and devotion sanctioned by Islam, or is doing so judged to be a reprehensible innovation (bid’ah)? Answer: Each year, a [...]
Congratulations on the big step of deciding to get married. In order to better serve the community and encourage couples and families to get started on the right foot ICOI has a number of policies regarding marriages. Many of these are also mentioned on the ICOI website: – The couple must bring the marriage license [...]
*This article was written by Shaykh Luqman Ahmad and taken from his website, click here for the original. In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful Al-humdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen, wa salaatu wa salaam alaa Rasoolilllah, wa alaa aalihi wa sah’bihi wa sallam A short time ago there was a death in our area and after the janaazah prayer, the women were [...]
Answered by the team at islamtoday.net. Original fatwa can be found here. Question If my cell phone starts ringing while I am praying in congregation at the mosque, what should I do? Must I break off my prayer to switch it off? Is it possible for me to take out my cell phone and [...]
- Tweet: Realizing how beautiful it is that the Prophet Muh… February 13, 2013
- Tweet: Loneliness is a problem of social capital that nee… February 11, 2013
- Tweet: Omar ibn Said (ra) who wrote his own autobiography… February 8, 2013
- Twitter: Please pray for my aunt June who is very ill in Ca… February 7, 2013
- Tweet: We need to arrange organized and regular visits to… February 12, 2013
- Q&A: How Much is Fidya and What to do if Pregnant of Nursing? July 23, 2014
- Q&A: Do I Have to Wear Hijab When Reading the Quran? July 16, 2014
- Women Praying Beside Men with a Barrier June 27, 2014
- What is My Methodology? June 27, 2014
- Holding Jumuah Before the Normal Time for Zuhr June 24, 2014
- Jamaal Diwan: wa alaykum al-salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh t...
- Ahmad El Moudani: So if the Asharis say that the Quran is not the wo...
- William of Ockham: Absolutely spot on. Too much information, too litt...
- Jamaal Diwan: salam. Interesting point. There is a debate howeve...
- Mohamed: The hadith in Bukhari and Muslim that go against ...
Follow @jamaaldiwan on Twitter
To contact Shaykh Jamaal please contact the ICOI office (http://icoi.net/page/contact).
Or call or text (714) 924-4728 during his office hours. Outside of office hours you can leave a message.